4.12.2010

Custom Bling

         So I realize that I haven't even share the details of my ring (other than briefly a few posts ago).  I'm sorry for those of you who get to read this twice, but taking this straight from my wedding bee post.  Though couldn't load photos so will definitely add them here for viewing! 
         Ok, so it's not really bling as it's not you're typical walnut size sparkle fest blood diamond.  But it's my type of bling and I love it.  Had no idea the bakerbettyboyfriend was in the market for a ring so was completely surprised to get one let alone one custom designed just for me.  The oval sapphire was from an old ring of his mom's.  Sapphire is one of my favorite stones and with more than one to chose from, he knew me well when that's the choice me made.  It's also my mom's birthstone which makes it all the more symbolic.  He had it set in white gold as I have now and again expressed my distaste for traditional gold.  The setting is also pretty much as low as possible without boring into my finger since I'm not very gentle with my hands and by proxy the items that live there.  I in the kitchen most of my day and being a klutz and banging my hands the rest of it.  On each side of the setting are ivy like engravings.  I'm a pretty nature oriented person so again, another perfect fit.  On the inside of the band is another engraving with a word that has been passed back and forth throughout our relationship in various forms.  An engraved stone, a piece of scrap paper, a card and other small trinkets as reminders of our love for each other.  It was passed back to me on February 11, 2010 on the inside of this one of a kind engagement ring.  I love it and don't care what anyone says about it being too "discrete", "simple" or "non-traditional".  The rest of the wedding won't be sticking too much to tradition either so get used to it!  It fits me perfectly (though it didn't at first, literaly.  Had to redneck re-size it for a few days before we could make it to the jeweler).  Thanks for checking it out and HORRAY!!

0 Toasts:

Post a Comment