4.11.2010

The Big Ol' Planning...well...Plan

         I can't seem to keep the counter clean for an hour but give me a wedding to plan and all of sudden I'm Miss. Priss about being tidy.  I've got all my books and magazines in alphabetical order and all necessary information gets neatly tucked away into my handy dandy planning binder.  This all applies only directly to wedding related items that is.  I can't say the same impulse for organization has affected the duration between my laundry leaving the drier and making it safely to their appropriate drawer nor any other aspect of my scattered, pigsty (as my mother lovingly refers to it) of a lifestyle.  I've accepted that my home life skills are below average and the decision to clean is and probably always will be because of a PLANNED guest arrival.  My only hope is to keep the diligence of orderliness plowing forward throughout the entirety of my planning process.  I vaguely recognize this excitement of starting fresh and the promise of efficiency from my school days.  The novelty that accompanied the first month (maybe two) of school, be it grade school or college, was always very refreshing.  I felt I could reorganize and be set for success.  Of course, it always wore off once the homework started to pile up and all enthusiasm for order was lost along with whatever lunchbox leftovers that managed to sneak under the bed....
          I really shouldn't compare planning a most fantastic personalized day like my WEDDING with eighth grade social studies, so in a last ditch effort to prove to myself that I am capable of being effectively organized, I have decided to start with a well designed strategy.  There is a another reason for this compulsion to gather my thoughts.  I have, to this point, been given quite a bit of helpful hints, tips and ideas regarding the details of the event and though all with great intention and our best interest in mind, not always quite fitting with our (mostly mine) vision.  I would, rather than politely taking the suggestions with little intention of perusing them, give our closest helpers something to work off of so they understand what we're going for.  So I, like any good business person (which I by no means claim to be), intend to write up a Wedding Plan.  A blueprint covering all aspects from people, to places, decor to cuff links.  A recipe of all the ingredients we've cooked up and decided on.  I've already begun scribbling and have my word document all set up and ready to go.  As soon as I have the general layout on paper I can type away and with a click clack can get all that has been floating around our heads into one place and ship it off to the anxious helper bees.  
          I do anticipate this project taking a while as I have a habit of only thinking of things at the most inopportune moments and then when I sit to write all those loose thoughts down, they're nowhere to be found.  So this is my first big wedding project (besides finding a template for this blog, phew, that was a late night...).  A project that doesn't require a hot glue gun unfortunately but I'll get to that someday soon. 
Project #1: Write Wedding Outline.  

It's on!  

0 Toasts:

Post a Comment